Friday, May 21, 2010

50 Word Snapshots

1. April 29th, 2010. This is the day that I released a Red-Tailed Hawk back into the wild. At Brookside Park I took the cage out of the back of my truck, and within it was a hawk that came to us with a broken wing. I walked deep into the forest and took him out of the cage, threw him into the air and watched him fly away with a grace and beauty that I never could have imagined was possible.

2. Walking through Brookside park with my friend Kylie and our dogs Keya and Sunny. A beautiful day with the sun shining brightly and the foilage in the forest gleaming after the rain. The river running next to us quietly with a strong and forceful current. The day could not get any better; until the sun peaked through the trees to reveal a baby fawn hiding in the grass.

3. Sitting in my front yard at home that spreads widely throughout the Iowa landscape. Sounds and smells of the farm surround me. Brand new kittens frolicking in the hayloft, cows mooing softly, and horses running rampidly around the pasture. Mom is calling for me to come inside, but it's so hard to leave the perfect harmony.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your snapshots. I was able to really hear the water's current and picture what the hawk looked like flying away. I can really relate to the last snapshot of the Iowa landscape and the perfect harmony you get from taking it all it. I would hate to have anything interrupt it.

    ReplyDelete